Sportstek is a supplier of products and equipment to hospitals, allied health private practices, and the general public. We are a ‘one stop shop’ for Physiotherapy businesses around Australia. We have been in operation for 30 years.
Sportstek Company History
Sportstek has been servicing the Australian allied health industry since in 1987. Our company was started by Graham Strong, a medical doctor who for many years worked in general practice, including a term at the Royal Children’s hospital in the burns unit. Following this he became director of medical services at the After Care rehabilitation hospital in Fitzroy. This led Graham to an interest in associated rehab products and he founded the company in 1986 as a consequence.
During this first year, Sportstek imported the first ever ankle braces sold in Australia, known as the Castiglia Ankle Wrap. Physiotherapists loved the support, and began asking for related products. From those small beginnings we have grown into a company that employs 25 people.
For many years Sportstek has been the preferred supplier to the summer and winter Australian Olympic Teams, the Australian open Tennis, and many visiting international sporting teams.
Now in its second generation, Sportstek continues to be recognized as a key player in the introduction and advancement of physiotherapy products throughout Australia. Over the years we have been directly involved in the introduction of key disciplines such as;
- Introduced kinesiology taping to Australian practitioners in early 00’s with the original Japanese product range. Sportstek toured the inventor of kinesiology taping and ran courses around Australia
- Advanced the production of popular clinical pelvic floor training and analysis products through the acquisition of a small Melbourne business in the 1990s
- Acquired a company in the late 1990’s that was a first-adopter of ‘core stability’ equipment including swiss balls, rollers and balance discs
- Established a company in the late 1990’s selling and hiring electrotherapy equipment to the hospital market such as obstetric tens and muscle stimulators
- A stake in the establishment of the Metron physio equipment brand as it originated in suburban Melbourne
- The first to Introduce key products into the marketplace such as Bakballs, Hotteeze, Dentons pillows, and many others
- Have provided education to clinicians in areas such as dry needling and orthotic prescription
100% Australian Owned
We are proud to be one of the few suppliers who are 100% Australian owned. Companies that are foreign-owned export profits permanently out of the Australian economy
As a supplier to many businesses around Australia, we see the relationship with our customers as a long-term partnership. Our helpful staff are dedicated to offering you quality, reliable and knowledgeable service to help you run your business.
House of Brands
Health practitioners come to Sportstek to access our huge range of brands, many of which are now considered ‘household names’ in the Allied Health world. We also have our own brand for which we develop unique physical/manual therapy products supported with great looking merchandising. Use our handy shop by brand links from the home page
We carefully curate our product mix and brand agencies to provide only the most reliable, proven products to assist health practitioners with improving patient outcomes. Sportstek has a program of continuous improvement with the aim to provide not only great value and excellent quality, but industry-leading products and education.
Like to get a snap shot of our entire range? We extend an open invitation to any practitioner or business owner to come and take a tour through our warehouse. Please make an appointment with reception.
General Public customers are welcome to purchase items at our retail showroom. We have friendly reception staff who can assist. Please note that whilst you are welcome to try product for sizing purposes, we do not offer a professional fitting service. Our showroom hours are 8:30am – 3pm Monday – Friday. Due to our large range, we advise that you research the products on our website and visit with a specific list of items you need.
- ABN: 55 054 016 018
- Sportstek Physical therapy Supplies P/L